Information technology is a key industry, which has always been focused on development by the Vietnam Government in order to contribute to the changing in the socio-economic system and the whole country.
According to the draft decree on information technology (IT) services that the Ministry of Information and Communication (MIC) is conducting the community consultation, among 54 types of IT services, there will be 4 types of IT services have to be licensed by the MIC to be allowed to provide services.
4 types of IT services include:
- port service to search for information online;
- refurbishing, recycling and renewing series of hardware products and electronic products;
- data center service;
- cloud computing service.
All the 4 types of IT services have to meet certain conditions such as: full capable of finance, human resources, technical facilities serving for the establishment, management and operation of the system of equipment, hardware, software, technical infrastructure, machinery to meet the requirement and appropriate to the type and scale of IT services that are applying for permit; have plan for providing service, have evaluation of the impact of provision of service, in accordance with the type of services that are applying for permit.
In order to provide these 4 types of service, it needs to have the commitment of the heads of organization and enterprise to ensure quality of service, ensuring the rights of service users, compliance with the provisions of the relating Decree and laws.
In addition, each type of service must also meet specific additional conditions.
For the port service to search for information online, the servers and related technical systems serving for the service provider in Vietnam market must be located on the territory of Vietnam; have the ability to detect, alert and prevent any access to unlawful information; have suitable technical plans that consistent with the technical conditions, technical regulations and applicable mandatory standards.
For the service to refurbishing, recycling and renewing series of hardware products and electronic products, there must be solutions and means of ensuring safety and occupational health; have assessment report on the environmental impact of the provision of service; have plans and technical solutions, process technology or destruction of waste and scrap arising during operation, in line with the regulations of Vietnam law on environmental protection.
Meanwhile, for data center service, the entire equipment system used to provide services for Vietnam market must be located in the territory of Vietnam; the technical facilities must meet the minimum requirements of the technical assurance regulating by MIC; have contingency plans to maintain safe and continuity operations, troubleshooting when problems happening; take measures to ensure the safety, privacy, ensure confidentiality of information and customer data; commit to announce the achieved technical assurance level of the data center; commit to address the risks and compensation can occur during operation; applied safety management and information security system according to the standard TCVN ISO/IEC 27001:2009 or ISO/IEC 27001:2005.
Lastly, for the cloud computing service, the entire equipment system used to provide services for Vietnam market must be located in the territory of Vietnam; fully meet the technical requirements, the hardware, software and network infrastructures, requiring the application of standards and technical regulations for the cloud computing model as prescribed, have contingency plans to maintain safe and continuity operations, troubleshooting when problems happening; take measures to ensure the safety, privacy, ensure confidentiality of information and customer data; ensuring quality of service; applied safety management and information security system according to the standard TCVN ISO/IEC 27001:2009 or ISO/IEC 27001:2005; commit to address the risks and compensation can occur during operation.
Among the 50 remaining services, there are 3 services that must have practicing certificate (consulting services on IT solutions, consulting services on IT projects, consulting services on IT management), the remaining IT services only need to register to provide the service.
Expected Catalog Services will be 9 groups of 54 types of services:
Group IT consultancy services including: Consulting services for IT solutions; Consulting services for IT projects; Consulting services for IT management; Consulting services using ICT; Services IT market research.
It is expected that the category of IT services will be divided into 9 groups with 54 types of services:
- Group of consulting services on IT including: Consulting services on IT solutions; Consulting services on IT projects; Consulting services on IT management; Consulting services on using IT; Services on IT market research.
- Group of services to support production, trading and distribution of hardware and electronics: production support services, processing of hardware and electronics; Services to refurbishing, recycling, and renewing the hardware products and electronic in large scale; Services to researching and developing of hardware and electronics; Services to distributing of hardware products and electronics; Services on guarantee and maintenance of hardware and electronics.
- Group of services to support production, trading and distribution of software: services to support production and packaging of software; Services to processing and producing software on orders; Services to editing, supplementing features and localizing software; Services to supply and distributing of software copyrights; Services to export, import of software; Services to storage, support online software download; Services to research and develop software, software technology transfer; Services to install, maintain and upgrade software.
- Group of services on digital information content: Services to import, update, process information and digital data; Services to digitized documents, publications, copyrighted works; Services to supply, distribute digital information content via independent storage media; Services to supply, distribute digital information content via network environment; Information searching portal service on the internet; Services allowing users to create, upload and store information, data on the network environment (not including social network service); Services to supply game online; Services to process and support the production of digital content; Services to research and develop digital content products; Social networking services; Services to manage, operate website and electronic portal; Other digital content services.
- Group of non-formal IT training services: IT technical training services; IT management training services; IT consulting professional training services; Other IT training services.
- Group of IT resources rental and sharing services: Data center service; Cloud computing service; Hardware, software or database rental services; IT personnel rental service; Services to lease and sell advertising space on the network environment.
- Group of information safety and security services: Service to distribute and deploy solutions, Safe product and information security; Services to design, develop, build solutions, safe product and information security; Services to maintain, operate, safety ensuring and information security; Services to inspect, assess safety and information security; Services to authenticate digital signature and electronic signature.
- Group of other IT services: IT system integration service; Services to manage, operate and maintain IT system; IT product testing service; Other IT services regulated by MIC.
- Group of IT-based services: Business process outsourcing by IT (BPO); Customer support center, online response via the network environment (Contact Center); E-commerce service; Online training services; Healthcare service remotely on the network environment; Other IT-based services.